Demurrage and Freight Disputes
ZIM American Integrated Shipping Services LLC Detention, Demurrage and Freight Disputes
What is considered a Dispute?
- Customer inquiries / complaints asserting billing errors on Freight and / or charges (Bill of Lading)
- Incorrect application of FreeTime and/or rates
Please send your dispute via email to:
- Customer Freight: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detention Container per diem: PERDIEM@US.ZIM.COM
- Chassis per diem / ZEX service/ LAX/TAC/OAK port only: ZEX.PDandCD@US.ZIM.COM
- Chassis per diem / all other locations: CHASSIS@US.ZIM.COM
- Demurrage “Rail”: Rail.email@example.com
- Demurrage “Port”: firstname.lastname@example.org
The attached Customer Dispute Checklist identifies all documents and information required to process your dispute. NOTE: You must complete the entire checklist prior to submission.
All disputes request should be submitted with completed dispute checklist; otherwise no action will be taken.
Please note that all Freight, Detention and Demurrage disputes must be submitted within the dispute period in accordance to ZIM’s published tariff.
On the Tariff: (14 calendar days from invoice receipt date)
*Arrival times may be subject to changes and cannot be guaranteed by the carrier, as also indicated in the Bill of lading Terms and Conditions.